Global Hug Your Kid Day / Moon Day / Lollipop Day AND International Cake Day
ON THIS DATE…………..
1968, the first Special Olympics were held in Chicago
46 years ago . . . In 1969, NEIL ARMSTRONG and EDWIN “BUZZ” ALDRIN became the FIRST MEN TO WALK ON THE MOON . . at 10:56 P.M. Eastern. When Armstrong walked down the ladder, his pulse registered at 160 beats a minute.
1973, Bruce Lee died at the age of 32. He suffered a cerebral edema, or swelling of the brain, caused by an allergic reaction either to a prescription painkiller he was taking or to a drug he was taking for a back injury.
1976, Hank Aaron hit his 755th home run, the final home run of his career.
2012, a gunman opened fire at a movie theater in Aurora, Colorado, as it was showing The Dark Knight Rises. 12 people were killed; 70 were injured
Singer/Actress – Julianne Hough (27)
Model – Gisele Bundchen (35)
Rob Gronkowski and his family were on “Celebrity Family Feud”, and competed against actress Holly Robinson Peete and her family. But the game’s first question was a tough one for Rob. Steve Harvey asked him, “Name something that can be inflated or deflated.” (Holly answered first, then Rob said he didn’t want to answer the question. So Holly’s husband, retired NFL quarterback Rodney Peete, answering “a ball.” The Peetes won in the end
Toddler Won’t Say “Dad”
In a video that’s gone viral, the father of an adorable little girl tries his best to get her to say “dad.”
She’ll only say “mom”
Boy, 5, dressed as Batman rescues toddler trapped inside scorching car
A toddler trapped in a scorching car on a hot summer’s day was rescued by a five-year-old hero – dressed as batman.
Real life superhero Zavi Ahmed swooped to the rescue after police were unable to free the trapped tot from the Volkswagen Beetle. One-year-old Iris Adamski became stuck when it suddenly locked itself with the keys inside while her grandmother was loading
Police smashed the rear window but they could not fit inside to open the doors or fetch the keys. They were stunned when Zavi – dressed as The Caped Crusader – wandered over with his mum and offered to help.
Zavi, who had begged his mum Emma, 32, to dress up as his favourite superhero that morning crawled in through the window to fetch the keys locked in the car – and saved the day.
Iris’s grandfather John Penny, 68, said: “It really was a case of Batman to the rescue.”
Mum-of-two Ms Ahmed, a teacher living in Uckfield, East Sussex, said: “That morning he decided he wanted to be dressed as Batman, I don’t know why.
“My friend said he could go to Tesco and be a superhero and that’s just what happened.
“We couldn’t believe it. “Of all the days for him to dress up and that happens.
This morning he said I’ve got to dress up as Batman again because I am a superhero.”
– Japanese designer Ginza Tanaka has created the world’s most expensive toilet.It is encrusted with 72,000 Swarovski crystals and costs $128,000.
★ Khloé Kardashian has reportedly been offered $10 million to star on “The Bachelorette”. The 30-year-old reality TV star, who split from estranged husband Lamar Odom in December 2013, is said to be seriously considering the idea because she’s eager to find a new man and also sees the opportunity as a good career (?!?) move. An insider says ABC-TV has been throwing out a lot of big numbers because they think the idea has ‘sure-fire hit’ written all over it. Khloé previously hosted “The X Factor USA” alongside Mario Lopez.
– A Good Samaritan in San Francisco has been using a drone to drop Burger King Whoppers to homeless people. The man is known as The Whopper Dropper
– The Hollywood Reporter claims Dan Aykroyd might make a cameo in the new Ghostbusters film. He most likely will play a cab driver and share a scene with Kristen Wiig.
– CNN claims Frito-Lay is asking people to vote to determine their new flavor.Flavors include: Biscuits and gravy, gyros, truffle fries and New York Reuben. Frito-Lay will pay $1 million to the inventor of the winning flavor. The winning flavor will hit shelves soon.
Burglar Gets Caught Because He Won’t Stop Showing Off His Bright Red Underwear
If this guy had just hiked up his pants just ONCE on Monday he probably would’ve gotten away with his crime . . . ONCE.
18-year-old Taykim Ross of Hempstead Village, New York broke into a few apartments on Monday morning and stole some electronics and Air Jordans. He even took the time to try on the Jordans before he ran off to make sure they fit.
But while he was putting them on, a person in another apartment spotted him and took a photo. It was from behind him, so you can’t see his face . . . but he was sagging his pants and wearing bright red boxers, which you CAN see.
That person called the cops, and gave them the photo. So they started driving around looking for him, and came up empty . . . until they noticed a guy with sagging pants and bright red boxers helping an old man take out the trash a few blocks away.
He was arrested for burglary.
THINGS THAT MAKE YA GO HMMMMM:
• 70% of the time people can tell if you are faking laughter. Ha.
- 45% of weddings go over budget.
- 33% of women say the biggest problem in their lives is … men.
- 20% of us are thinking about quitting our jobs … at this moment.
- 16% of us buy something for our pets when we go through a restaurant drive-thru.
- 12% of surveyed kids under age 10 say they’d like to try eating a caterpillar.
Father Put a Lottery Ticket in His Son’s Get Well Card, and He Won $7 Million
In case you missed the story, 46-year-old Joseph Amorese got a get-well card from his dad last month, while he was in a hospital recovering from hernia surgery in Easton, Pennsylvania.
We doubt the card itself had much of an effect. But his dad also put a scratch-off lottery ticket inside . . . and it hit for SEVEN MILLION DOLLARS. Joseph says he was so excited he wanted to jump up and down . . . but didn’t want to make the whole hernia thing worse.
He’ll take home about $4.6 million after taxes, but says he’s NOT planning to quit his job. He might take his wife on a second honeymoon though.
They just got married 10 months ago.
Should You Shower in the Morning or at Night?
Showering at night AND in the morning can be overkill, because it dries your skin out. It also washes away the good bacteria that protect it. Here are three times it’s better to shower at night . . .
- When you wore sunblock, or had a lot of make-up on. Washing your face is okay, but the steam from a shower does a better job of cleaning off residue.
- When you work in a place that isn’t very sterile, like a hospital or a daycare. In that case, shower at night so you don’t get into bed covered in germs.
- When you went to the gym that day, or did anything that made you sweat a lot.
Now here are three times you should shower in the MORNING instead . . .
- When you need to shave before work. Showering softens the hair up, so shaving is easier and you don’t get razor burn.
- If you’re a night sweater. Obviously if you sweat all night and don’t shower, you’ll feel gross all day.
- If you have really oily skin. Oil starts building up while you sleep, and if you have REALLY oily skin, it’s probably okay to shower twice a day. You definitely don’t want to shower more than once if you have DRY skin though.