- “Bake Your Own Bread Day”. You might be surprised to find how relaxing it is to knead dough, to say nothing of the wonderful aroma bread makes as it bakes!
- “International Violin Day”, celebrating composer Igor Stravinsky’s birth anniversary in 1882.
- “Ramadan” begins at sundown, the Islamic month of fasting for over a billion Muslims worldwide. The daily period of fasting starts at dawn and ends at sunset.
ON THIS DATE……….
1928, Amelia Earhart embarked on the first transatlantic flight by a woman. She flew from Newfoundland to Wales in about 21 hours.
1950, Dr. Richard H. Lawler performed the first kidney transplant.
1994  California Highway Patrol begins a 60-mile, low-speed pursuit of murder suspect OJ Simpson in a white Ford Bronco driven by his friend Al Cowlings (the entire chase is covered by cameras in helicopters and seen live by an estimated 95 million on TV)
Tennis pro – Venus Williams (35)
Actor – Thomas Haden Church (55)
WEB FIND OF THE DAY – MEGATRON RANT
There’s a video that’s gone viral of a guy dressed as Megatron from “Transformers” . . . going on a huge RANT about social media.
Ironically, it’s going viral ON social media.
Apparently it was at Universal Studios, either in Orlando or L.A.
And he started ranting when a girl posed next to him, and said she was taking a selfie.
Three Guys Hiked the Grand Canyon, While Carrying Their Dad in a Wheelchair
This happened in March, but didn’t make the news until now. And it’s just in time for Father’s Day . . .
Bob Headings lives in Columbus, Ohio, and looks like he’s in his mid-60’s. About eleven years ago, he hiked through the Grand Canyon. Then a year later, he fell off a ladder and ended up paralyzed from the waist down.
His three sons say he’s always stayed positive though, and keeps teaching his grandkids what hard work and perseverance are all about. So last year, they all trained for four months, bought Bob a special wheelchair, and took him BACK to the Grand Canyon . . . and not just to see it from the top.
His three sons and eight grandsons followed the same trail Bob hiked 11 years ago, and either pushed, pulled, or carried Bob and his chair the ENTIRE way. It was 15 miles round trip, which took almost 20 HOURS. Obviously going uphill was the hardest part.
So his grandkids wore harnesses attached to his chair, and pulled him while someone stayed at the back to push. And about a mile from the top, they started hearing people cheering.
Some were family members, but some were strangers who heard what was happening, and decided to cheer them on.
- Brad Paisley – Tonight he opens the Rolling Stones’ “Zip Code Tour” show at LP Field in Nashville TN. While it’s been a while since he was an opening act, he says he thinks he remembers how to do it.
- Reba McEntire / Brooks & Dunn – Their residency “Reba, Brooks & Dunn: Together in Vegas” opens tonight at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace, bumped ahead a week to accommodate extra dates. It’s noted in hype for the event that they’ve collectively recorded over 45 #1 hits.
- Tim McGraw – According to TheWrap.com he’s set to star in “The Shack”, his 10th movie. It’s based on the 2007 best-seller about a father whose youngest daughter is abducted during a family vacation. The film co-stars Alice Braga, Octavia Spencer, and Sam Worthington.
– Japanese designer Ginza Tanaka has created the world’s most expensive toilet.It is encrusted with 72,000 Swarovski crystals and costs $128,000.
– CNN claims American Pharoah’s owners will receive between $100,000 for every foal he fathers. He is the first Triple Crown winner in 37 years.
★ Adam Levine, Blake Shelton, Gwen Stefani, and Pharrell Williams are returning as coaches on Season 9 of “The Voice”. Levine and Shelton have been aboard since Season 1, while Stefani and Williams joined the program in Season 7. Stefani was brought on to replace Christina Aguilera, who is reportedly ‘focusing on motherhood and other projects’. The NBC-TV reality competition premiered in 2011, and will return for its 9th season this Fall.
★ Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie want to buy a Greek island. They’re reportedly considering ponying up $4.7 million for the entire island of Gaia so their family can better enjoy private downtime. An insider says Angie fell in love with the place and at the relatively modest price they’ll have no problem building the vacation home of their dreams. The 43-acre island already has planning approval for up to 6 villas. That means Brangelina’s brood of 6 kids would finally be able to run around freely without worrying about paparazzi. The news follows reports that their home in New Orleans LA is now on the market for $6.5 million. – “OK! Magazine”
– The Wrap claims Universal is remaking Kindergarten Cop. Arnold Schwarzenegger will not be in the film. The movie is expected to go straight to DVD
– Complex.com claims Floyd Mayweather is selling his Ferarri Enzo for $3.8 million.He bought the car for $3.2 million and put 194 miles on it
Woman Is Frustrated About Her Wait Time at the ER . . . So She Sets Off the Sprinklers
20-year-old Katlyn Milligan went to the ER in Morganton, North Carolina last week, because her mother’s girlfriend was having a back problem.
They waited for 90 minutes and she still hadn’t been treated . . . so Katlyn was INFURIATED. Which is pretty ridiculous, since that seems like a totally reasonable wait for something that wasn’t life threatening
So . . . she went into the bathroom, flipped over a garbage can, stood on it, and held her LIGHTER up to the sprinkler for a minute. Water started pouring out and flooded the place.
The doctors actually admitted KATLYN to the ER, because she’d been blasted by all the black, stagnated water from the sprinklers and they had to make sure she wasn’t exposed to any diseases. Then when she checked out, the cops were waiting for her.
She was arrested and charged with burning personal property, damage to personal property, and a FANTASTIC crime called molesting a fire extinguishing system. There’s no word if her mom’s girlfriend ever got that back treatment.
Quebec man stunned by $270 ticket for Sunday afternoon lawn mowing
When Kevin Beasse decided to trim his front lawn one Sunday afternoon, he didn’t expect the fresh-cut grass to come with a hefty price tag.
Beasse says he received a surprise $270 dollar ticket from his city last month for violating a new noise complaint bylaw.
He said he was stunned to learn that Vaudreuil-Dorion, the Montreal suburb where he lives, passed a bylaw in January banning lawn mowing after 4 p.m. on weekends and holidays.
He also had some “choice words” for the public security officer who gave him the ticket, and those words earned him another $148 fine for the outburst.
Frustrated, he contacted his representative at city hall, who said he thought Beasse would have received a warning. The representative promised to look into the issue, but instead, Beasse received a letter from the city saying the fine would stand.
According to the letter, the city felt it had given adequate notice about the new law.
Beasse said he’s still unhappy about the fine, but he doesn’t plan to fight it. He doesn’t deny he cut his grass at 5 p.m., but he thinks the city should have done a better job telling the public about the change of rules.
He’s decided to start a petition to get rid of the law. He also plans to try to raise awareness about it, so others don’t end up paying the price for their fresh-cut lawns.
• “The Girl On the Train” – Brit actress Emily Blunt is in talks to star in the movie adaptation of Paula Hawkin’s debut novel about an unemployed alcoholic who spends her days riding the same commuter train, concocting a perfect life for a couple she always comes across during her travels. The best-selling book has sold 2 million units since its January publication.
- “Goon: Last of the Enforcers” – 32-year-old actress and hockey fan Elisha Cuthbert has joined the cast of this sequel sports comedy, which also features returning cast members Jay Baruchel, Liev Schreiber, and Seann William Scott from the 2011 original. The new film, about a team of scab players subbing for striking pros, begins filming later this month in Toronto ON.
- “Sister Act” – Disney is remaking the 1992 nun comedy which already spawned a sequel in 1993. The original film starred Whoopi Goldberg as a Vegas performer who puts together a gospel choir in a nunnery while hiding from a mob boss. It’s not confirmed if Whoopi will have a role in the sequel, or her original cast-mates Harvey Keitel and Maggie Smith.
DREAMS AND WHAT THEY (SUPPOSEDLY) MEAN:
A few common dreams with their interpretations from a panel of ‘experts’ …
• Being Chased – Despite its nightmarish feel, it may be a positive sign that the dreamer is ready to finally face a long unresolved problem.
• Driving an Out-of-Control Vehicle – A sign that a current bad habit may be turning into a long-term problem.
- Dying – Might reveal the wish to terminate something in life … a relationship, a job, a career path, or even the past. It can also signal a new endeavor or fresh start.
• Falling – Common to people who are having a major life problem at work, in a relationship, or elsewhere.
• Flying – By onself, not in a plane. A sign there’s an out-of-control situation in real life and perhaps that the dreamer should let go and allow things to fall naturally into place.
- Meeting a Celebrity – The actual celebrity may be relevant as it may reveal what talents the dreamer values. The dream can also be a symbol of a personal need for recognition.
• Showing Up Late – A sign that the dreamer is overwhelmed and trying to do too much. The lateness serves as a warning to avoid making promises you can’t keep.
• Showing Up to Work Naked – This dream represents vulnerability and anxiety. It’s common to people who are starting a new job or who’ve accepted a promotion.
• Taking a Test – Only perfectionists tend to have recurring stressful test-taking dreams. This dream is often associated with work stress.
• Teeth Falling Out – A sign that something happened in the dreamer’s life that has caused him or her to lose confidence.
Five Stats on Giving Father’s Day Gifts
Father’s Day is Sunday. Which means if you order something today, you can probably get it there in time with just standard shipping. Why pay $3 more for guaranteed faster delivery, right? He only gave his entire life to you.
Here are five stats on giving Father’s Day gifts this year, from the National Retail Federation. Check ’em out . . .
- 75% of people plan on celebrating Father’s Day. And the younger you are, the more likely you are to celebrate. Which makes sense . . . sadly, the older you are, the more likely it is your father isn’t with us anymore.
- The average person says they’ll spend $116.
- Men will spend about $20 more than women. Which is ridiculous, because your dad totally favored your sister growing up, yet here you are as adults and YOU’RE the one willing to pay more for his gift.
- 18% of people are spending more than last year . . . 10% are spending less . . . and the rest are spending about the same.
- And 28% of people will get a Father’s Day gift for their husband . . . 4% will get one for their grandfather . . . and 1.4% will get one for their godfather.
Donald Trump is Running for President
And so it begins . . . After THREATENING to do it in the last few elections, DONALD TRUMP finally pulled the trigger yesterday and announced he’s running for president. His slogan? “Make America Great Again”.
Not surprisingly, he said a lot of things he thought were awesome….. Here are some of them:
“This is beyond anybody’s expectations. There’s been no crowd like this . . . Some of the candidates, they went in. They didn’t know the air-conditioner didn’t work. They sweated like dogs. They didn’t know the room was too big, because they didn’t have anybody there. How are they going to beat ISIS? I don’t think it’s gonna happen.”
“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best . . . They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”
“I will be the greatest jobs president that God ever created. I tell you that.”
“I like China . . . I just sold an apartment for $15 million to somebody from China. Am I supposed to dislike them?”
“I’m using my own money. I’m not using the lobbyists. I’m not using donors. I don’t care. I’m really rich . . . that’s the kind of thinking you need for this country . . . It sounds crass. Somebody said, ‘Oh, that’s crass.’ It’s not crass.”
Somebody said to me the other day, ‘But, Mr. Trump, you’re not a nice person.’ That’s true. But actually I am. I think I am a nice person. People that know me, like me. Does my family like me? I think so, right.”
“I would build a great wall [on our southern border], and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me, and I’ll build them very inexpensively . . . And I will have Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words.”