- “Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Awareness Day”, promoting awareness of the syndrome officially known as Myalgic Encephalomyelitis, or ‘M-E’. Today is also “Fibromyalgia Awareness Day”, a similar malady that can cause debilitating fatigue, sleep disturbance, and joint stiffness.
- “Women’s Check-Up Day 2015″, observed annually on the Monday after Mothers Day to encourage women to book a medical appointment in order to ensure ongoing health.
ON THIS DATE………..
2181 B.C., the chair was invented
1924, Mercedes-Benz was formed by Gottlieb Daimler and Karl Benz
1949, the first Polaroid camera was sold
1979, the Chia Pet was introduced
1981  Legendary reggae musician Bob Marley dies of brain cancer in Miami FL at age 36 (today is “Bob Marley Day” in Jamaica)
2002  ‘World’s Largest Omelette’, created as a fundraiser by the Lung Association in Brockville ON, weighs in at 2.95 tonnes (6,510 lb)
Carolina Panthers QB Cam Newton (26)
Former MTV VJ Martha Quinn (56)
WEB FIND OF THE DAY – HAPPY BIRTHDAY AGAIN..AND AGAIN..AND AGAIN
In a video that’s gone viral, a technologically-challenged couple attempts to make a short video for their son’s 40th birthday
Woman Being Held Hostage Used Her Pizza Hut App to Get Help
A woman in Highlands County, Florida named Cheryl Treadway was being held HOSTAGE on Monday.
Her 26-year-old boyfriend Ethan Nickerson wouldn’t let her leave the house with her three kids, and threatened to KILL her while he sat there sharpening a huge knife.
But after a while, she convinced him to let her order a pizza using the Pizza Hut app on her phone. She ordered a large hand-tossed pepperoni pizza with classic sauce, and a garlic buttery blend on the crust.
Only her boyfriend didn’t realize she could add COMMENTS. So under delivery instructions she wrote, “Please help. Get 911 to me.” And in the instructions for the pizza she wrote, “911 hostage help!” And it WORKED.
Luckily the employees took it seriously, and called the cops. When the police showed up, Cheryl ran outside with her baby. Then they negotiated with the boyfriend for 20 minutes until he surrendered with the other two kids.
He’s facing charges for battery, aggravated assault, false imprisonment, and obstructing justice.
– The NY Daily News claims unopened boxes of Wheaties, with Bruce Jenner on the cover, are selling for $255 on eBay
– A pair of Bruce Jenner’s signed running shoes are selling on eBay for $7,900.Bruce Jenner action figures are going for $1,250
– U.S. President Barrack Obama ran into a group of young children while out for a publicity stroll with the Teacher of the Year.
– CBC claims this year’s Calgary Stampede is going to serve cockroach pizzas. A $100 hot dog with lobster, Cognac and Kobe beef will also be served
– Vocativ claims the gifts that Tom Brady gave an equipment manager to deflate his balls were worth $36,000. Brady made an appearance yesterday at Salem State where he said: “I don’t really have any reaction yet [to the report], our owner commented on it yesterday. It has only been 30 hours and I haven’t had time to digest it fully but when I do I will be sure to let you know how I feel about it.”
- “Bates Motel” (A&E) – The 3rd season finalé.
- “Castle” (ABC/CTV) – Season 7 finalé.
- “Dancing With the Stars” (ABC/CTV2) – The 4 remaining couples perform dances that include a Viennese waltz.
Two Idiots Break a Priceless Italian Statue When They Climb It For a Selfie
Two tourists were in Cremona, in northern Italy on Friday night, and wanted to take a selfie with a legendary, priceless statue of Hercules.
They climbed up onto the statue . . . but it was made in the early 1700s and wasn’t designed to hold the weight of today’s modern, enormous humans.
So . . . they BROKE the thing. A stone crown on the top cracked off, crashed down, and shattered on the ground.
The city is trying to figure out if they can repair it . . . but from the photo, it SHATTERED.
They’ve identified the two guys who broke it . . . and they could be facing charges.
THINGS THAT MAKE YA GO HMMMM:
• 75% of pet-owners say their critters can make them smile … even on a bad day.
- 70% of women have gone on a diet within the last 3 years.
- 66% of married women houseclean even after their husbands have already done so.
- 42% of us think you should wait until age 25 to sign up for a credit card.
- 40% of us have decided not to attend a wedding because we didn’t want to spend the money.
- 14% of women admit they’ve said ‘yes’ to a date in order to get a free meal.
• “It” – Will Poulter will play the evil clown ‘Pennywise’ in Cary Fukunaga’s upcoming movie remake of a 1991 TV mini-series. The film will stay true to Stephen King’s original story, even though it will be split into 2 feature films. The tale follows a group of outcast kids who come together to take on a monster disguised as a clown who’s haunting their town.
- “John Wick 2″ – Keanu Reeves is returning to the killing life in a sequel to 2014′s R-rated hitman thriller. Last year’s stylized return to action for Reeves scored 85% positive on RottenTomatoes.com. The original story revolved around a retired assassin who returns to action after Russian thugs beat him up, wreck his car, and kill his adorable puppy.
- “The Long Home” – Courtney Love has signed on for this 1940s drama based on a William Gay novel of the same name. Love, who recently had a recurring role on hit TV series “Empire”, joins a cast that already includes Giancarlo Esposito (“Breaking Bad”), Josh Hutcherson, and Timothy Hutton. James Franco is directing and producing, and is also expected to star.
- “Southpaw” – Jake Gyllenhaal has spent 5 months training to play a boxer with the help of former mixed martial arts champion David Buglione. Gyllenhaal also picked up a few tips while seated ringside at the recent Manny Pacquiao/Floyd Mayweather fight in Las Vegas. The movie – co-starring Rachel McAdams, Rita Ora, and 50 Cent – is due in theaters July 24th.