- “Batman Day”, saluting the 1939 creation of the character as a comic strip hero in DC Comics. It’s been calculated it would take a person 15-to-18 years to do all the training they’d need to take on the job.
- “May Day”, a traditional holiday celebration since ancient times. Since 1889, it’s been officially observed in some 66 countries as a “Labor Day” holiday.
- “No Pants Day”, a participatory holiday on the 1st Friday in May, when we’re encouraged to leave our pants behind. Usually this means wearing boxers, bloomers, slips, or briefs.
• “Free Comic Book Day”, the 1st Saturday in May each year, when participating comic book shops around-the-world give away comic books absolutely free to anyone who comes in.
• “Kentucky Derby”, the 141st ‘Run For the Roses’ in Louisville, Kentucky. It’s the first jewel in the ‘Triple Crown’ of thoroughbred horseracing in America. Also an excuse for a huge party.
ON THIS DATE……………
1889, Bayer introduced aspirin in powdered form
1931, The Empire State Building opened in New York City
1975, after 25 years of service, Smokey the Bear retired
1990, Zsa Zsa Gabor was ordered to perform 60 extra hours of community service for slapping a motorcycle policeman .. she ended up working at a shelter
2009  “X-Men” prequel “X-Men Origins: Wolverine”, starring Hugh Jackman, opens in movie theaters (grosses over $87 million in its first 3 days at the North American box office)
Jamie Dornan, will star in Fifty Shades of Grey, (33)
WR Wes Welker (34)
Country Star – Tim McGraw (48)
She Loves Loooookee Buhwyanne
This was posted earlier this month, but it’s starting to get a lot of hits online.
A woman named Adrian Finley posted a video of her little daughter in the bath talking to her husband, Jonathan, about how much she loves Luke Bryan.
The girl couldn’t really clearly say his name, and her dad messed with her a little bit.
Five-Year-Old Says “It’s Time to Move On” with Her Life
A video of a five-year-old girl named Saige is getting a bunch of hits on YouTube.
She got angry at her brother for throwing dirt at her, and told her mom she wanted to move in with her friend Jenn . . . because it’s time to move on with her life.
Guy Was Rushed to the Hospital After He Tried to Give His Pet Snake a Kiss
Just because YOU love a random animal doesn’t mean it loves you back.
18-year-old Austin Hatfield of Wimauma, Florida captured a four-foot cottonmouth snake last week and decided to keep him as a pet.
He’s been keeping it in a pillowcase in his girlfriend’s house. Well . . . a few days ago, he was cuddling with his new pet and decided to give him a kiss on the mouth. And . . . it BIT him.
Cottonmouths are venomous and can be pretty deadly . . . so Austin was rushed to the hospital in critical condition. Fortunately, he pulled through and now he’s been upgraded to good condition.
BUT . . . now we add insult to injury. You need a permit in Florida to catch and keep a cottonmouth snake . . . so Austin is being investigated and could be facing charges.
- 38-year-old undefeated boxing champ Floyd Mayweather Jr (47-0) is calling Saturday’s showdown with 36-year-old Filipino champion Manny Pacquiao at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas “the biggest event in the history of the sport”. It’s certain to be the richest. The ring rivals have been in negotiations on and off since 2008 to strike a deal on a match-up. A few facts …
• Jamie Foxx is set to sing the pre-fight anthem.
• If 4 million fans buy the pay-per-view, the purse will be around $200 million, with ‘Money’ Mayweather getting $120 million due to the 60:40 split agreed to between the fighters.
• “Forbes” already ranks Mayweather the highest paid athlete in the world.
- And the world’s longest-running musical, off-Broadway show “The Fantasticks”, is set to close on Sunday after 51 years on stage in NYC. The play holds a world record for its stint at the Sullivan Street Playhouse alone, where it played for 42 years after its premiere in 1960. It later moved to the Jerry Orbach Theater, named after the late “Law & Order” actor who was part of the original cast. Other famous names that have appeared in the show over the years include Aaron Carter, Glenn Close, Kristin Chenoweth, and Liza Minnelli.– WENN.com
TODAY’S MOVIE OPENINGS:
• “Avengers: Age of Ultron” ( PG-13 Action Adventure ): In director Joss Whedon’s followup to “The Avengers” (2012), ‘Tony Stark’ (Robert Downey Jr) tries to jumpstart a dormant peacekeeping program, but things go awry and it’s up to the ‘Avengers’ to stop the villainous ‘Ultron’ (James Spader) from enacting a terrible plan. Co-stars Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo, Scarlett Johansson. This is the most anticipated movie of 2015, according to online fan votes. The first “Avengers” film made over $1.5 billion (#3 all-time).
The NY Post claims Chicagoan Moshe Tamssot used McDonald’s new “Create Your Taste” ordering system to craft an $890 burger. She customized her “Big Max” burger with 30 “gourmet” ingredients.
Tamssot tells Reddit: “Initially the manager refused to make it because of the pricing bug, and because he thought it wouldn’t be a good burger. I had to remind him that the marketing promise was ‘build your dream burger’ and this was the burger I would build if I dreamed about burgers.
He had to call the corporate office for clearance, as this was a test store, running a test program. Fortunate it was approved and the Big Max was born :)”
The burger featured 170 condiments because Tamssot ordered 10 of the following:
bacon strips, sharp white cheddar cheese slices, pepper jack cheese slices, american cheese slices, chili lime tortilla stripes, jalapenos guacamole helpings, grilled mushrooms, grilled onions, red onions, green leaf lettuce patties, crinkle cut pickles, McDonald’s special sauce squirts, mayo squirts, sweet BBQ sauce squirts, creamy garlic sauce squirts and ketchup squirts.
Two Long Lost Siblings Are Reunited When They Swipe Right on Each Other on Tinder
24-year-old Erik de Vries lives in a city in the Netherlands called Breda. He joined Tinder last month, started swiping through profiles, saw a woman he liked, and swiped right.
She was 22-year-old Josephine Egberts . . . and she swiped right on Erik too. They started chatting . . . and it’s a damn good thing they didn’t just jump right into humping each other like some people on Tinder.
Because as they talked and started sharing more personal details . . . they realized they were LONG-LOST SIBLINGS.
Their parents got divorced back in 1999, and Erik and his brother moved to Belgium with their father . . . Josephine stayed behind in the Netherlands with their mother. They’d completely lost touch and hadn’t seen each other in 16 years.
They just got together in person for the first time since 1999, along with their other brother . . . and it’s all thanks to Tinder.
Guy Sent His Favorite Teacher $10,000, 37 Years After He Graduated
A 56-year-old guy named Kevin Perz owns a company in Kansas City, Missouri that sells construction supplies. And he’s done well enough for himself to do something pretty cool for someone ELSE recently. He graduated high school 37 years ago, but he’s always remembered what his teachers did for him. So back in January, he sent a letter to his home economics teacher from high school.
Her name is Marilyn Mecham, and she’s 62 now. Back when Kevin had her, it was her first year teaching. Then she eventually became the executive director of a charity called the Mentors Foundation. Anyway, Kevin’s letter said that when he and his friends get together for reunions, they still talk about what a great teacher she was. And he also included a CHECK . . . for TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS.
He said he knows she works for a charity now, but wanted her to spend the money on HERSELF. So she’s planning a trip to Sweden and Norway soon.
And it turns out this isn’t the first time Kevin has done this. He also sent $5,000 to an old math teacher in 1992 . . . and ten grand to his former business teacher in 2012.
Someone Returned a Guy’s Wallet 14 Years After He Lost it . With More Money Inside
A guy in Croatia named Ivica Jerkovic lost his wallet 14 years ago . . . he thinks he either lost it at a party, or when he took his friend to the hospital. And as any guy who’s ever lost their wallet knows, it SUCKS. But this makes it even worse . . .
Ivica had just taken a bunch of money out of the bank to get his roof fixed . . . so there was over a THOUSAND BUCKS in his wallet when it went missing. But he put it behind him, and hadn’t thought about it until recently . . . when his old wallet showed up in the MAIL.
And when he looked inside . . . ALL of the money was in there, plus some MORE. Whoever mailed it back included an extra $400, which is right around what interest and inflation would be. Ivica thinks whoever found the wallet needed the cash, but felt guilty about it. So they saved up, and must have gotten his address from his license.