ON THIS DATE……………
2003, Iraqis celebrated the collapse of Saddam Hussein’s regime by beheading a statue of him
2003  Willie Nelson celebrates his 70th birthday at NYC’s Beacon Theatre, with performances by Eric Clapton, Leon Russell, Paul Simon, Ray Charles, Ray Price, and ZZ Top
2004  Oldies singer Tom Jones’ manager – his son Mark – orders the 63-year-old former sex symbol to stop wearing tight leather pants onstage
2005, Prince Charles married Camilla Parker Bowles
Actress – Elle Fanning (17)
Twilight star – Kristen Stewart (25)
Actress – Keshia Knight Pulliam (36) – (Rudy Huxtable on the Cosby Show)
Actor – Dennis Quaid (61)
Playboy’s – Hugh Hefner (89)
Jack Nicklaus – Hole in One
During the Masters Par-3 Tournament, Jack Nicklaus made a hole in one on a Par-3.
Jack is 75, and the last time he won the Masters was in 1986.
After he made the hole in one, some of the younger players on the next hole stopped what they were doing to applaud him.
Jack Nicholson, James Caan and Other Celebrities Had Secret Tunnels
An editor for Playboy.com was digging around the office for old photos, and he made an interesting discovery: In the ’70s and ’80s, four actors had secret, underground tunnels directly from their homes to the Playboy Mansion.
Those actors were Jack Nicholson, James Caan, Warren Beatty, and Kirk Douglas.
The Playboy editor came across photos from 1977, that showed a large excavation project at the mansion. After doing a little research, he found blueprints for the tunnels that led to these guys’ houses . . . which were all pretty close to the mansion.
But they don’t exist anymore. A staff member says they were closed in 1989, the same year HUGH HEFNER married Playmate KIMBERLEY CONRAD.
But that’s all he could get from anyone at Playboy. Even Hefner didn’t want to talk about the tunnels. And reps for Nicholson, Caan, Douglas and Beatty wouldn’t comment, either.
WEB FIND OF THE DAY – SMART LION
Someone who went to a safari park in South Africa last year posted a video of some lions hanging out next to their car while they’re safe inside it.
But then they freak out . . . when one of the lions opens a door with its MOUTH, and tries to jump in.
Luckily they were able to shut the door and lock it, so none of them got mauled.
Terri The Dancing Tim Hortons Employee From McMaster University Gets A Huge Surprise
Most of us start our day with a cup of coffee, and if you’re at this Tim Hortons location at McMaster University in Hamilton, Ont., this also means your coffee may come with a dance.
Terri Marshall’s skills first came to light back in 2013, when a video of her dancing during Tim’s Roll Up the Rim contest went viral. She’s known to students at the school for her killer dance moves, singing and positive attitude, the campus employee also leaves messages for customers on coffee lids.
But last week, students at the university decided to give back to their favourite employee. Starting off with a mini dance routine to Pharrell’s single, “Happy,” some students joined in on the fun as others presented her with a cheque for $1455.26. It turned out, students had created a Go Fund me fundraising account which is now up to $1700 to chip in and send Marshall on a much-deserved vacation.
One student said “Terry [sic] is someone who has always been there for Mac students! As students, we have a lot of uphill battles daily be it a bad mark or just the day not going well for us in general. Regardless, Terry will always put a smile on your face if you are buying a coffee or even if you’re just walking by,”
– Mark Wahlberg is producing a new movie about the Boston Marathon bombing called ”Patriot’s Day”. The film will follow Boston Police Commissioner Ed Davis, who “played an integral role in working with the FBI, Watertown Police Department, Boston Police Department, Massachusetts State Police and local first responders to track, identify and apprehend the suspected bombers.”
– The world’s oldest person, Gertrude Weaver, has died at the age of 116. She passed at a rehab center in Camden, Arkansas
- Country Thunder (Florence AZ) – The annual 4-day weekend country fest includes performances by Blake Shelton, Brett Eldredge, Big & Rich, Dallas Smith, Joe Nichols, Luke Bryan and a slew of others.
• The Masters (Augusta GA) – One of the most prestigious annual golf tourneys gets underway. Can Tiger Woods come back to win a 5th ‘green jacket’? Note: One Direction’s Niall Horan caddied for world #1 golfer Rory McIlroy at Wednesday’s exhibition Par 3 Contest.
– A Japanese woman has become the 1st 100-year-old to complete a 1,500-m freestyle swim in a 25-m pool. Mieko Nagaoka, who only took up swimming at age 82, already holds the record for her age category in a 50-m pool. She completed her latest feat in just over 1 hour, 15 minutes using backstroke all the way. The achievement is expected to be recognized by Guinness World Records. Nagaoka says she intends to keep swimming … until she’s 105.
Guy Is Busted for Cheating When He Gets Into an Accident . . .
A guy in Changsha, China named Yuan got into a car accident a few weeks ago, and was taken to the hospital.
So doctors contacted everyone in his phone to tell them what was going on.
His girlfriend panicked, and rushed there to see him. But then . . . ANOTHER one of his girlfriends also showed up. And another. And another. And on and on and on.
It turns out Yuan had SEVENTEEN girlfriends, and none of them knew about each other . . . until they all met at the hospital. And apparently, they all went from worried about him to FURIOUS at him.
One of them said she’d been with him for NINE years. Another one says she has a SON with him. And another one had already started planning their wedding.
His injuries weren’t life threatening . . . but we’re assuming all 17 of his relationships pretty much flat lined.
Six Strangest Things We’ve Done While Driving
A new survey found the STRANGEST things people have done while they were driving . . . and 3% said they’ve gone to the BATHROOM behind the wheel.
Here are some more . .
15% have gotten-it-on.
9% have changed clothes.
4% have brushed or flossed their teeth.
4% have taken a selfie.
And 3% have switched drivers.
A few more things that less than 1% of people have done are: Put in contacts . . . curl their eyelashes . . . scratch off lottery tickets . . . and play the guitar.
What’s the likely name for William & Kate’s 2nd child? The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge are expected to choose a traditional royal name … but maybe not the name of a former monarch, like older brother Prince George.
If British bookies are right – and they were the last time – the next royal baby will be Alice, Charlotte, or Elizabeth if it’s a girl; and if it turns out to be a boy, James or Arthur – a middle name for both William and his father Charles – are the betting front-runners at the moment.
Royal tradition leaves little room for originality when it comes to naming a baby who will be 4th in line to the British throne … so a Princess Samantha or Prince Lance are unlikely. Kate is expecting in mid- to late-April.– CBC News
- The record for the most points by a pair of brothers in the NHL is 2,861 . . .Wayne Gretzky scored 2,857, and his brother Brent Gretzky scored four.
- The electricity it takes to charge your phone every night for a year costs about 50 cents.
- The flag that the Apollo 11 astronauts planted on the moon came from Sears. A NASA employee bought it off the shelf for $5.50 right before the mission.
- Popcorn at a movie theater costs more per ounce than filet mignon.
- 10% of Canadians visit Florida every year.