George Strait To Release New Album
George Strait made a two-pronged announcement during a press conference in Las Vegas — first, that he will be the first entertainer to perform at the new Las Vegas Arena opening in April of next year, and second, that he will release a new album this Friday, September 25th.
George and special guest Kacey Mugraves will play four dates at the Arena — April 22 & 23, and September 9 & 10. Tickets will go on sale on Friday, October 2nd online at straittovegas.com and will range in price from $75 to $200 plus applicable fees. American Express Card Members can purchase tickets before the general public beginning on Friday through Thursday, Oct. 1.
“I said all along I wasn’t gonna tour anymore but I also said that I wasn’t retiring by any means and I still wanted to do some dates so I’m very excited to be coming back out and playing for the fans out there. This is really . . . I’m looking forward to it so much. It’s been . . . well, come April that’ll be about a year and 10 months, maybe something like that since I’ve performed with my band other than award shows and things, so it’s gonna be exciting for us to get back out there again. I’m looking forward to singing those songs that I love so much, and I really want to thank the MGM for having me here and being able to play in the new Las Vegas Arena. I’m gonna go look at it tomorrow. I hear it’s just unbelievable, and I can’t wait.”
Since wrapping up his The Cowboy Rides Away tour in June of 2014, George said he has been working on the new album, which will be his first new studio release in two years.
“It hasn’t been all just time off. I’ve been working a little bit here and there and I’m really, really proud of this new album that’s coming out called Cold Beer Conversation. I think it’s a great record. I always say this (but) I think it’s one of the best records I’ve done. I always shoot for that. I mean, you’ve got to go in the studio thinking that way, and so I’m very excited about that.”
Cold Beer Conversation features 13 songs, including the album’s title track and debut single which arrives at radio on Wednesday, September 23rd. The album is available as an exclusive digital download on iTunes, available for pre-order now at itunes.com/georgestrait and Walmart.com, and will be available Friday exclusively via Apple Music and at Walmart.
Here is the track listing for Cold Beer Conversation:
1. “It Was Love” (Keith Gattis)
2. “Cold Beer Conversation” (Al Anderson, Ben Hayslip and Jimmy Yeary)
3. “Let It Go” (George Strait, Bubba Strait and Keith Gattis)
4. “Goin’ Goin’ Gone” (Wyatt Earp and Keith Gattis)
5. “Something Going Down” (Jamey Johnson and Tom Shapiro)
6. “Take Me To Texas” (Brandy Clark and Shane McAnally)
7. “It Takes All Kinds” (George Strait, Bubba Strait, Bob Regan and Wil Nance)
8. “Stop And Drink” (Dale Dodson and Troy Jones)
9. “Everything I See” (George Strait, Bubba Strait, Dean Dillon and Keith Gattis)
10. “Rock Paper Scissors” (Casey Beathard, Monty Criswell and Bubba Strait)
11. “Wish You Well” (Clint Daniels, Jeff Hyde and Brice Long)
12. “Cheaper Than A Shrink” (Bill Anderson, Buddy Cannon and Jamey Johnson)
13. “Even When I Can’t Feel It” (Dean Dillon, Ben Hayslip and Lee Miller)