Blenheim Chevrolet – Licensed Automotive Service Technician
Blenheim Chevrolet is looking a Licensed Automotive Service Technician. Responsibilities include:
- Perform vehicle scheduled maintenance and make any necessary repairs.
- Test to check whether systems and components are secure and are working properly.
- Isolate the systems or components that might have caused the problem.
- Drive the vehicle for testing purposes or using various equipment, including hand-held and onboard compression gauges or diagnostic computers.
- Maintain efficiency and accuracy in diagnosing as well as repairing vehicles.
- Repair or replace worn parts ahead of the vehicle’s breakdown or damage.
- Follow a checklist to ensure that each critical part of the vehicle is examined.
- Watch or inspect closely parts like hoses, belts, plugs, fuel systems, brakes, and other possible troublesome items.
- Use power tools like pneumatic wrenches in order to remove bolts easily and quickly.
- Use machine tools, such as grinding machines and lathes to rebuild brakes.
- Use common hand tools like screwdrivers, wrenches, and pliers, to work on small-scale parts.
- Review work orders and discuss work with supervisor
- Adjust, repair or replace parts and components of automotive systems including fuel system, brakes, steering and suspension, engine and drive train, emission control and exhaust, cooling and climate control, and electrical and electronic systems using hand tools and other specialized automotive repair equipment.
- Test and adjust repaired systems to manufacturer’s performance specifications.
- Perform scheduled maintenance service, such as oil changes, lubrications and tune ups.
- Advise customers on work performed, general vehicle condition and future repair requirements.
- Inspect and test mechanical units, such as engines, transmissions, axles and brake systems, to locate faults and malfunctions.
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions and confirm findings with supervisor to determine whether to repair or replace unit.
- Repair or replace mechanical units or components using hand and power tools.
- Test and adjust units to specifications for proper performance.
If you’re interested, drop off your resume to Blenheim Chevrolet, 275 Chatham Street, Blenheim