Career Connect →
Join the team at Chatham Breakfast House and Grille. They’re currently looking for a part-time hostess to work evenings and weekends. Applicants must have 1 to 2 years of experience as a hostess and are friendly, welcoming and organized.
Please e-mail your resume to email@example.com.Read More →
St. Andrew’s Residence, Chatham-Kent’s only not-for-profit retirement home is currently seeking a Resident Care Manager. St. Andrew’s Residence has a rich history of investing in the lives of its residents and into seniors within the Chatham-Kent community. The ideal candidate never forgets why St. Andrew’s exists and embraces the idea that we are in a privileged position to provide care for the seniors who live at the residence and those we support through our various programs. The Resident Care Manager ensures residents enjoy the best possible quality of life through exemplary care, a safe and secure environment, and a friendliness that feels like family. The Resident Care Manager establishes a high level of quality service for residents, visitors, and staff members, and performs their duties in accordance with St. Andrew’s Residence’s vision, mission and values statements; they will foster a healthy work environment investing into the professionalism, knowledge, and harmony among employees and promote trust between residents and care team.
- Develop annual goals and objectives for continuous improvement of the care department
- Manage all aspects of resident care including infection control, health, and safety, falls, prevention, wound management, pain control, care planning, discharge planning
- Oversees Restorative Care Program; utilizes restorative care principles for long stay residents to foster healthy aging in place
- Administer policies and procedures according to RHRA standards and evidence based practice, including, development, monitoring, and reviewing compliance
- Collaborates with employees in the evaluation the effectiveness of care provided on an ongoing basis
- Develops, participate in and engages others in Quality Assurance activities and audits; submits required reports as required for the Quality Committee of the STAR board and to other funding agencies e.g. Erie St. Clair LHIN
- Coordinate and promote the interdisciplinary approach within the facility through the Nursing, Dietary, Activation, Environmental Service, and Administrative Departments fostering a workplace harmony and collaboration
- Review all resident applications for admission to determine appropriate level of care; works with residents, their families and employees to ensure adequate care for changes or decline in functioning; arranges for additional services e.g. Assisted Living, palliative care through outside services to allow aging in place when possible
- Maintain liaisons with residents and families, meet with residents and families as dictated by individualized care needs; encourages care conferences; fosters trust between families and employees
- Maintains relationships with community care partners e.g. Erie St. Clair LHIN
- Hire, orientate, evaluate, educate staff, and participate in matters surround union contracts; conducts staff interactions without favoritism; seeks opportunities for employee personal development including individualized annual review and future oriented personal development plans
- Creates a yearly education calendar in collaboration with employees to further learning and quality of care
- Seeks out innovation and opportunities through other organizations such as RNAO, RPNAO, ORCA etc.
Skills, Education, and Certifications
- Current registration as an RN or RPN with CNO required
- A minimum of three years relevant experience in organizational management or a strong leadership role in a healthcare facility
- Current CPR certification
- Knowledge of the Retirement Homes Regulatory Authority Act
- Demonstrated ability to motivate others and establish healthy workplace
- Experience in Microsoft Office, Windows, and general computer applications
How to Apply
Please apply with a cover letter and resume no later than 12:00 noon, on Monday, August 21, 2017.
In person or by mail to St. Andrew’s Residence, 99 Park Street, Chatham, ON. N7M 3R5
By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
YA Canada, is growing and expanding! Join their team today!
YA Canada is now hiring for both part and full time positions. All full time positions are with benefits. There are English, Spanish & French positions with language premiums- including contact centre associates; supervisors, quality assurance, recruiter manager of operations, Technical Support Administrator, Application Administrator, Trainer and director of process/workforce. YA is offering signing bonuses for association positions.
Enjoy competitive new pay rates, a new facility, paid training, a flexible schedule, performance rewards, shift premiums, merit & performance increases and more! They deliver flawless digital, social, mobile and traditional promotions such as rebates, rewards, ‘enter-to-win’ and loyalty programs for the nation’s most respected brands.
Apply online at email@example.com or at 7-30 Richmond Street in Chatham.Read More →